I am many days late for this post. During my vacation I have been lazy with my blog !
1. Favorite childhood book?
Anne of Green Gables, duh. 🙂
2. What are you reading right now?
I will start reading James Patterson’s 9th Judgment today.
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
Private by Patterson, The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, Shakespeare’s Champion, Shiver.
4. Bad book habit?
Returning my library books late.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Too many books to list them.
6. Do you have an e-reader?
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
It is not a preference. I don’t want to bring a book I have almost finished in the metro in case I have nothing else to read so I start a new one.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
I sometimes post what I read.
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
More than one.
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
All the Sookie books.
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Kids books, YA, mystery novels, chick lit, cookbooks, sci-fi.
13. Can you read on the bus?
14. Favorite place to read?
15. What is your policy on book lending?
I lend it and I ask for the book back.
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
18. Not even with text books?
It depends of what I’m reading and if I have paper with me.
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
French books should be read in French, same with English. I don’t like bad translations.
20. What makes you love a book?
When I have fun reading it or if I’m totally swept by emotion.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If I know the person well enough, I will recommend the right books.
22. Favorite genre?
Don’t have one.
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Classics. I used to read them a lot growing up but I don’t anymore.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Of course !
26. Favorite cookbook?
Mrs Field’s Cookies, Cuisiner au goût du coeur, Eat-Clean Diet
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
The Red Paperclip
28. Favorite reading snack?
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
La Vie de Pi, so not worth it.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I don’t read critics.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I don’t care. If I don’t like a book I feel I have the right to say so. It’s subjective.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
A.S. Byatt, can’t finish the books.
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
35. Favorite Poet?
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
38. Favorite fictional character?
39. Favorite fictional villain?
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Books I own in paperback.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
One day, maybe.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
Too many !
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Cooking, my boyfriend, loud voices in the metro.
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Anne of Green Gables
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
All the time…unless I already know I want it.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
Being bored by the book
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
If I love the book I keep it. If I know I won’t read it again, I sell it. If it is not « sellable » I give it.
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
Fantasy, Harlequin romances, Danielle Steel…
52. Name a book that made you angry.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Janet Evanovich’s One for the Money
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?