It is finally the last day of the month. I have succeeded ! I posted every day for the whole month.
February has this in store :
- The birth of our baby
- A doctor’s appointment tomorrow and I hope the obgyn checks if prelabor has started.
- Seeing my friend tomorrow for a coffee and I am showing her how to change some settings in LinkedIn.
- Seeing another friend for a 4@6 at la Maison du macaron.
- A cleaning service comes on Monday and another will come after the baby is born.
- Going to a restaurant on Valentine’s Day if the baby is not born yet. I will disclose the location after.
- A conference on baby nutrition.
Ce matin, on va aller visiter l’appartement à quelques rues de chez nous, le 6 1/2.
Je ne sais pas quand il faudrait le prendre si on est intéressés. Déménager demande de la préparation et on avait prévu déménager seulement en juillet prochain.
- Trouver des boîtes
- Faire des boîtes
- Acheter des rideaux
- Trouver et engager les déménageurs
- Faire les changements d’adresse
- Aviser les assurances
- Acheter une tondeuse manuelle
- Faire la peinture
- Défaire les meubles à déménager
- Vider le fridge et le congélateur
- Faire le ménage des deux appartements
- Calculer la grandeur du nouvel appart et regarder quel meuble va où
- Acheter un nouveau climatiseur qui va faire l’appart au complet et pas juste une pièce
- Réparer les trous faits dans les murs par l’ancien locataire et par moi
C’est pas juste ça. On a besoin d’un nouveau micro-ondes (le mien a presque dix ans) et un nouveau four grille-pain (le mien a 17 ans).
J’espère que le proprio n’est pas trop pressé. On a besoin de se préparer. Il dit qu’il doit re-peinturer. Est-ce que l’appart va devoir être peinturé par nous aussi ?
Gros changements en vue.
Oh well. Je m’en doutais mais, j’espérais quand même.
Je suis sur la liste d’attente pour faire opérer mon bobo et on m’a déjà appelée. J’espérais donc pouvoir avoir une anesthésie locale, mais même si c’est local, ce n’est pas recommandé pendant la grossesse.
Ce n’est pas un refus, c’est une circonstance imprévisible, je suis donc remise « en attente ». Je dois appeler après l’accouchement.
J’ai pas hâte…un nouveau bébé et je vais être sur le carreau pendant des semaines. Oh my. La voyez-vous venir la période pas le fun qui s’amène ? Peut-être que je pourrais demander à mon chum de prendre congé deux semaines parce que je ne pourrai pas bouger de mon lit. Comment je vais faire avec un bébé ?! Boire, couches, dodos, levers nocturnes…
Je pourrais congeler mon lait, faire des biberons en avance ? Acheter un lit d’invité pliable et demander à ma mère de déménager chez nous ? Euh, non. Pas ça. Mais, on va sûrement trouver une solution.
My boyfriend has finished is training but was rejected for the job.
This means our plans for the near future are on hold. Again. Including TTC.
Fortunately, he is taking it well and is planning on seeing his teacher Monday to talk about finding another job, updating his resume and all that.
But this an additional stress to me because we have received a Hydro bill of 560$, along with the biological clock, stress at work, etc.
I’m sure he’s going to find something else in no time and I’m proud of him because he stuck through school and training and he reflected on why he didn’t get the job.
The guy is the best thing that happened to me relationship-wise. I’m sticking with him.
But what do I do about Hydro ? About TTC ? About everything else ? Not much I can do I guess. I have to try to make the routine we established work. I have to do my damn homework that is not getting done. I have to tough this out.
Nablopomo’s theme this month is friends. It is not obligatory to write on the subject, it’s only a prompt. If you read this blog regularly, you know that friendship is something I write about once in a while. It’s as mysterious to me as love.
Last night while I was walking from the metro station to my appartment, I was thinking about V. I asked her yesterday to connect to me in LinkedIn and she wrote back asking about it. It just made me think how I don’t see her anymore since she had her kids. I only have 3 friends with kids.
One has recently become a foster home in process of adopting. I don’t see her much.
Another has a 11 or 12 year-old and I get to see her every once in a while when she arranges for her boyfriend or her mom to babysit.
And V. I saw V. twice since she had her 2nd daughter more than 3 years ago.
I wonder what my life is going to be like with kids. I fear I am going to lose my friends. I would rather feel guilty to leave the kids with my boyfriend than lose my friends. What makes a happy woman is balance between all the spheres of her life. It isn’t easy with work, friends, gym, family, etc. But this is what I want.
For this to happen, I have to trust my boyfriend enough to let him participate. And it just turns out that I want him to take charge while I’m not there. It wouldn’t be healthy to be the only one taking care of the kids or the house and I want a relationship that is a team. Sometimes he goes away with friends, sometimes I go away with friends. We share the food prep, the cleaning and one day, I hope, we will share the responisibility for the kids.
My friends are important to me and I want to keep them. I also want to keep my gym time. 🙂
Shelly has posted If You Want A Long Life, Get A Hobby and she is totally right.
I retire in 2039, September 2039 to be exact, and I already have a plan. Oh yeah.
Where I work, retirement is a big thing. The women I work with (it’s a whole bunch of women and one guy in my immediate surrounding) retire soon. Well, three of them retire this year. Since I have been working at the university all I have been hearing about is retirement, bank accounts, money, hobbies, divorce, cancer, boredom. I have had 3 jobs in the university and it’s all people talk about. Who is retiring. Who is replacong them. When, how, what are they going to do. And parties. Parties all the time.
My mom is a great example of what to do when you retire. Become so busy that you don’t think of all the time you have in front of you, become crazy about your grandkid (I do mean CRAZYYYY), and defy your doctor so the time you have left is not so long after all. My mom refuses to be active and she dislikes her blood pressure medication. And she won’t stop drinking.
So…having all that retirement in my face and being a bit jealous I have a list of what I will do when it’s « my time ». That way I won’t get bored, I won’t become sick…I might divorce because I will drive J-L crazy but hey, it’s a risk I’m willing to pay for my happiness. I’m supposed to live long, to outlive everyone I know. A tarot reader/medium told me.
My plan :
- Have a camping place in the Eastern Townships with fake grass.
- Plant plastic pink flamingos in said fake grass.
- Wear a bikini without shame. Everything flapping in the wind.
- Play bingo from 9pm to 5am.
- Line dancing.
- Country line dancing.
- Sit for hours at the mall during winter and talk to my friends (imaginary or real).
- Make my kids crazy by calling during supper or before they go to work.
- Wear whatever I feel like.
- Pay with change at the dépanneur
- Learn Chinese
- Go to the gym
- Join the hip hop class…could be the class where people need hip replacement.
- Go grocery shopping every day.
- I will do like the old men on my street and visit my neighbors and drink beer (ark, maybe vodka) on the front balcony. Maybe I won’t wear a shirt. Maybe I’ll put my foot on a step and rest myself on one knee and argue with them loudly.
- I will ride a bike and pick stuff from the trash, good stuff. I will sell it and become rich.
- Have lunch at 11am and dinner at 4pm. I’m almost there. Lunch at noon and dinner at 4:30 or 5.
- My bike will have a bell and I will use it.
- I will join a walking club.
- I will take pictures.
- I will wear fuzzy slippers or high heel slippers with a boa. Every day.
- Some days I will not wear anything than a house dress.
- I want plastic sunflowers as well to frighten birds. And visitors.
- Spy on my neighbors.
- Cruises ! How could I forget the cruises ! Shuffleboard, buffets, line dancing…
- And the hours spent a Tim Horton’s drinking coffee and eating donuts and gossiping.
It’s just a start. It’s in development but you see where I’m going with this, right ?
I started dating my boyfriend 2 years ago. It didn’t take long before we knew we were meant to be together and we wanted it to last. I knew within the first date that I wanted him in my life.
After three weeks, he had pledged his love and his life to me. It was kind of a wedding vow while he was sitting in my kitchen.
It has been a great 2 years during which I got a permanent job, he lost his and started school again, I stopped therapy, he moved in, we discovered the beach and tried fancy restaurants to celebrate stuff, we laughed, we broke my bed, I got raises, he asked for a loan, etc.
We talked about kids and having a house and it all seemed so far away.
But this week, we realized that the future is here. In 6 months he will finish school and get a job. After he gets a job, we wait three months…and we are going to « try it ». If everything goes well, we are going to have sexy time without protection. I will be 36 so I don’t know how long it will take but I am finally nearing that point I have waited for for years.