- It made me happy to think of the good things about my aunt who died a couple of days ago. I’m grateful I knew her and I’m grateful she was there for my family.
- Snow makes me very happy. I love it when it’s snowing. I walk to the metro station with a big smile. It snowed this week and I got excited like it was the first time I had witnssed it.
- My boyfriend decided he wanted to make dinner every night until the 23rd. He made pâté chinois tonight and it was the best !! Pâté chinois is like shepherd’s pie but it’s ground beef, corn and potatoes.
- Sucre à la crème has been circulating at work this week. What’s not to love about sugar and cream ? My boss’ recipe is made with maple syrup and white chocolate and I wait for it all year. It comforted me.
- I got elastics on my braces this week and it made me happy that I can install them easily and that it doesn’t hurt except when I eat. Also, no headaches from the new wire !!
Are you a highly organized list maker for the Holidays, or do you wing it?
I am a list maker.
No clip art though. Just lists on paper.
I have a list for gifts and people I give gifts to.
I have a list of what I am cooking for the party, what I’m bringing at my parent’s or my in laws. There is a list of what to bring on those trips.
I have the grocery list for the party and for the gifts. I make my gifts and they are edible. So I also have a list of stuff to buy like tin boxes, wrapping paper, etc.
There is the cleaning list and the what to do what day before the party list.
But they are not done at the same time or on the same pad.
Pick one of these prompts and write about it on your blog! You can:
- Just make a list. List 5 things that made you really happy this week. No matter how bad or boring you think your week was, I bet you can find 5 things.
- Write about something that happened to you this week that really made you smile. Was it your child, husband, or maybe a complete stranger did to you?
- Write about something that YOU did for someone else that really made them happy or laugh.
- Is there something you treasure so much that every single time you look at it, it brings you happiness? Post a pic and tell everyone about it.
- Having a hard week and can’t find one good thing about it? Well then, what is your happy place? What do you think of that makes you happy? A past vacation? A childhood memory? We want to know!
Then link here !
I used to have trouble finding good things in my life. Now I make a list every Monday and I sometimes link to this meme. It’s fun to see that good things happen too.
Well, I have been feeling disgruntled about my weight no-loss for a good 2 weeks. As usual, I allow myself a time for venting, crying, moaning, bitching and then I go on fixing it or making it better or I just move on.
So I had an appointment with a kinesiologist on Wednesday and an appointment with a trainer the day after.
I go to the Y and I go to a different Y than the one I went for all of this. Where I usually go, they haven’t replaced the woman who did evaluations and I wanted an evaluation. I started the Y in 2006 and never had one. So I was supposed to pay for the service and it was okay.
She was so nice ! I didn’t feel ashamed by my body while she was measuring my body fat, it was okay to fail for the push ups (I was laughing because it was so hard to do them like she needed) and I was champion of sit ups and flexibility. She told me my problem was that my metabolism was lazy. I used to have a great one but since my weight gain and weight loss, the meds and all that, my metabolism thought he didn’t have to work as hard. Good news, I could jump start it. It will never be like it was but I had to stimulate it regularly and I would lose weight if I was patient. Another good news, she could talk to the trainer so he had an idea of what I was looking for. I saw her the next day and she was so friendly wanting to know if it had gone well.
It had ! My appointment with the trainer started weird. His last client didn’t want to do a thing, hated everything, she was a complete downer. I didn’t need to know that. Having to choose between him and another trainer, I’m not sure I would have chosen him. BUT as we talked and he started to explain what he had made for me, I was completely enchanted.
It seems that he had never made a plan like this for anyone else and it surpassed the professional aspect of his job. He took the plan home and worked on it for hours. Until 2 am. He was enthusiastic about it and we went over it again and again to make sure I understood.
Just by looking at it and trying it for an hour, I ache all over. What the kinesiologist and the trainer did was make me a bootcamp-like, Curves-like, circuit training. No machines except for cardio. Just my body, a bosu, elastics and a ball. I have to do every move (station) in 30 seconds as fast as I can. It takes 4 minutes. Rest a bit, drink water and start again.Then if I still have energy, 10 minutes cardio. Then abs, then stretching. It can all be done in under an hour.
Since I have to stimulate my body, I have to change a few things once in a while and the kinesiologist said that by changing the handle I had on the weights or elastics or try another kind of abs exercise and it was stimulation.
I am very happy about this because my weight worries me. I was weighed at 170 in the kinesiologist’s office and I look good but I worry about my heart later, about health issues, etc.I already do a lot for my health but it has no effect so, this is my plan for the next weeks ! Let’s see some results!
I decided to try Feel Good Friday. I saw it on PurPlume‘s blog and, you know, there were the words « feel good » in it. How could I pass on something good ? on Fridays ?! So I proceeded to find out what it was. You can read it on the blog, just click on the logo or on the link for Feel Good Friday.
First of all, I’m grateful for all the bloggers out there. It’s so much fun to read you. Thank you for writing and making me laugh and making me cry.Thank you for those who comment on my blog also. This year has been amazing. My horizon has expanded and I met really cool people online.
I remember writing in my journals as I was growing up and it has nothing to do with writing a blog and receiving a comment of support. Or a silly comment. 🙂
This week, as a prompt, I am choosing something along the lines of doing something for someone else.
Today I am supporting a friend who wants to reorient herself professionally. We will be brainstorming about her abilities and competences and what she could do. I will help her look for job sites on the net. This friend doesn’t know how to do an effective search in Google. I hope to light a fire in her about what she wants to do in the future instead of letting her moan and bitch about her current job. She was afraid to move on even though we could see in advance what her workplace would become. Rats have jumped ship way before now and she has remained. She finally understood that it was not possible to work like that but she will not complain to the authorities and I kept telling her that she could have a better paid job, a calmer place to work, nicer colleagues…and finally, she decided to jump. So I have been sending her encouragements on Facebook and in emails and tonight, we will be having some time to look at what she wants to do and what she can do.
This is what she needs. So I’m giving her what she needs : someone to look at things with her, to accompany her and reason her and comfort her and give her courage.