Since I started my friend quest three weeks ago :
· I created a profile on a web site to find friends (it’s also an online dating site). The advantage is that you can filter profiles for friendship. My profile clearly states that I am in a relationship and am looking for female friendship.
· I have exchanged messages with one woman about music. No more communication since I confessed that Céline Dion is not my favorite singer although she has a great voice.
· I have received at least 10 votes on my picture and 5 on my profile…from men. Mostly in Algeria and Tunisia.
· I created a profile on a web site that is specially designed for meeting people by doing activities.
· Two weeks ago, this web site (Urbeez not to name it) has deleted an activity of mine saying it was discriminatory because I wanted to meet only women (I’m looking for female friendship). I read the rules for the site and it is really saying that we can’t have activities for only women. I think it’s stupid.
· A week ago, this web site (Urbeez not to name it) has deleted my profile description because 51% of the community judged it corresponded to a dating service description. 51% OF THE COMMUNITY corresponds to 1000 persons and I am 100% sure that it’s impossible for 1000 to have viewed my profile. My profile clearly states that I am in a relationship and am looking for female friendship.
· I have written the site (Urbeez not to name it) to ask for explanations. Who are those 51% ? How do they judge that my profile is problematic ? No news yet.
· I have blocked the tow guys that had made comments about my girl’s night out. Another friend told me one of those guys was a trouble maker and is a moderator soi t was highly probable he was the one causing trouble.
· I had a 5@7 with a new « friend » and it went well even if it didn,t really clicked. She had a small town mentality I didn’t like.
· I have created other activities and I’m hoping I meet more people. Jazz concert, ceramic painting, a breakfast at Cora’s and cupcake tasting.
· I have also registered for a morroccan feast after nightfall during ramadan. Why not !