I don’t think I have shown this before to my big surprise so I’m showing it today.
- 1 cup of black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup wheat berries, cooked
- 2/3 cup corn kernels (canned, fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
You mix the first seven ingredients together in a bowl. In another bowl, you whisk the rest except the avocado. You poor it over the wheat berry mixture. Then you add the avocado and mix gently. Serve hot or cold.
Instead of wheat berries I used Uncle Ben’s 7 Grain medley rice the two times. I used frozen corn once and canned the other. I have used parsley and cilantro mixed with every fresh herb I had. Instead of pine nuts, I used pistachios the first time. Both times I had great results. But there is too much vinaigrette, I only use a few tablespoons.
Easy and cheap to make.
To see what others have whipped up, click on the button on the left column.