This neat button was made by Becky, she thought it needed to be pimped (like Pimp my Ride, but this is my comparison). She gave me this awesome award and I am grateful because I have been having a hard time this week and although I felt better, this award and some blog love I received by Mel on this post has tipped me over the bump into grateful-content-happy-I am moved mode.
The Rules for the award are:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic! (in no particular order…)
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
I have started reading Becky when I started doing the You Capture challenges. I just really like the name of her blog The I Heart Blog and her picture and I love to read her posts because they make me feel happy and energetic. She is a fellow lover of cupcakes too, she’s crafty, and funny. She’s « my kind of people » too. So thank you for awarding me !
I have been blogging for a while so I don’t know what I can tell that those who read almost every post don’t know. But I will get this a try.
1. In high school I took any class that was not advanced maths or science which means I had drama, beauty, technical drawing, visual arts. I have studied in arts in college (we call it Cegep here) before studying in library stuff (specific enough but not too much). I am now taking psychology for fun because I need to be intellectually challenged. People at work think it’s crazy because I have a demanding job that keeps me analyzing, adapting, thinking so why would I need even more challenge ? I decided on a short program of 3 courses. I have only one more to do and I will have done it. I’m very proud of myself because I doubted I would be able to do university courses and I’m doing it from home.
2. Vacationing in Acapulco with my dad at 15 and then in the States with my mom and her boyfriend and my two sisters at 16-17 convinced me I didn’t like travelling. I reassure you, it was not the country that made me feel this way, it was my family. For years I have been depressed when going away from home.
I don’t need to see the world like some people do. I feel like a tourist in my own city, my own province and my own country. But I started to do small trips to get used to travelling. And now it’s getting more exciting to me. One day I hope to go to Boston again because I don’t remeber much from when I was 16-17. I want to go to Colorado because of the snow and that is where Diane Mott Davidson’s books are set. Vancouver is a must and why would I want to pass up Saskatoon ? Prince Edward Island is a big dream of mine and so is Kuujjuuak. Alaska, Greenland and England. Louisiana is also a dream and that’s all because of Charlaine Harris’ books.
3. I read a lot. People say that. I don’t read as much as I used to. Some years I have read a few hundred books and now I read from 50 to 80 books a year. I have been told I should write a book myself. I have been told I should talk more about what I read.
I love choosing books for people and I really don’t like telling people why I like what I read. I like books for some reasons that are probably different from what others like. My friend C. reads even more than I do and we read the same books sometimes (Sookie Stackhouse and Stephanie Plum books for example) and we never like the same things ! When I really love a book, I talk to her about it and she makes faces, not convinced at all. We are so not attracted by the same things. The same with J-L. He will like a book as much as I did but he will not see all the cultural references which made me love the book even more. He will have focused on something else. I highly dislike analyzing books. Maybe because I have been paid for that and I hated it, took all the fun out of reading. I like a book or I don’t.
4. In my past I have been a very negative person. I see myself as a realist and I am more positive than I ever was. Strangely enough, some people perceive me as negative. It never fails to astound me. Because I will always compare myself now and myself then and I love the person I am now.
5. When I was a kid and as a teen I was afraid of water, cars, eating in public, my dad, my mom, bees, spiders, any kind of bug that could be found in basements, anything that was really noisy, change, yelling, speaking in front of people, that noone would sit with me on the bus, inviting friends over, dogs, large groups of people, and I’m probably forgetting some things. Like brussel sprouts.
6. As a young adult, I was afraid that people would see I had cellulite, varicose veins, a belly, boobs, that I became red when I was stressed or shy, and I’m probably forgetting things.
7. Now, I know how much time I spent worrying about what people think and how much time I wasted thinking people would stare at me, how much time I wasted thinking about my damn cellulite while I could have worn anything I wanted. I am not afraid of most of the things I enumerated in 5 and 6. I’m still afraid of water and I still have cellulite and veins (although I got that treated so they don’t show as much anymore) and I don’t care about what people think because most of the time people are worried about what I think of them. I have a belly and boobs, I’m still red when stressed, tired or shy.I have a woman’s body.
But I love going to the beach even if I’m afraid of water, even if whatever because the fun is much greater than being hot, the water makes me feel alive and wonderful. Even if I have to wear a bathing suit, even if my thighs jiggle, even if I am afraid of being eaten by a shark, or touching weird slimy things in the water, even if I don’t see the bottom. I have fun on the beach looking at people as imperfect as I am, I have fun playing in the water with my boyfriend, reading on the beach, eating a picnic.
The bloggers I give this ward to are :
I’m sorry I have no more blogs to add ! I don’t follow that many blogs that I can name in the list or I lurk about but not regularly enough. The others would probably not put an award on their site or they don’t give a crap care. I am missing 5 blogs. Maybe you could suggest blogs to me so I can expand my horizons ?